Monday, December 05, 2005

 
Planning for my Alaska Adventure
This week I started planning my first long-distance trip, Alaska!
I think the planning might turn out to be as interesting as the trip itself. I keep imagining what it would be like to be there by myself, and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere.
Thanks to the internet, I've been able to do a little research about the roads and weather conditions. For a better perspective of my route, I've been using Google Earth maps to see the type of terrain I will be riding through.
As far as the hardware goes, I'm trying to buy a few more accessories, but they are very expensive so I'm acquiring them one at the time. I still need to get the pannier boxes and I'll eventually get a pair of BMW GS boots, a bigger windshield, crashbars, GPS, and a bit of camping gear. My biggest concerns are las moscas, el frio, and dropping the bike on my way from Fairbanks to Dead Horse.
As my research continues, I discovered that I could also get a heated jacket liner, with socks and other heated goodies! at a reasonable price. I also found out that I could use a non-DEET mosquito repellent that uses Picaridin as it's active ingredient...

Planeando Para Mi Aventura Hacia Alaska
Desde esta semana, estoy planeando mi primer viaje de larga distancia, a Alaska! Creo que el planeo va a ser tan interesante como el viaje mismo. Me imagino como sera el viaje, yo solo, y algunas veces en el medio de la nada. Gracias a la internet, he podido investigar un poquito hacerca los caminos y las condiciones climaticas. Para tener una mejor perspectiva de la ruta que tomare, he estado usando mapas de Google Earth para ver el tipo de terreno por el cual pasare. En cuanto la las cosas materiales, estoy tratando de comprar algunos accesorios mas, pero comos on my costosos los estoy comprando poco a poco. Todavia necesito comprar cajas de cargo de aluminio y eventualmente comprare las botas BMW GS, un parabrisas mas alto, barras protectoras, GPS, y algunas cosas para acampar. Lo que mas me preocupan son los sancudos, el frio, o que se me caiga la moto entre Fairbanks to Dead Horse. Durante mis averiguaciones, descubri que tambien puedo adquirir una chompa que es calentada electricamente, que vine con medias electricas y un monton de accesorios! a un costo rasonable. Tambien me entere de un nuevo repelente de sancudos, que en ves de DEET usa Picaridin como su ingrediente activo...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]