Monday, March 13, 2006

 
Where the heck are the yellow accessories?
Because my bike is yellow, I decided to get some yellow accessories. But I guess I went a little overboard... Oops!
To start, BMW is not making yellow bikes this year (2006). So, I guess I'm lucky that I got my yellow 650GS on 2005. The same day I got my yellow bike I got a full-face yellow helmet. A few days ago, I got a custom seat from Sargent Seats. Not that I have a big ass, but it's a lot more comfortable than the stock seat. It is black with matching yellow trimmings.
And last but not least, yellow aluminum panniers! I called Jesse Luggage Systems and they agreed to paint the panniers with yellow powder coating for a small fee. After a few weeks of waiting, I finally got my yellow panniers. I felt like a baby with a new toy, bright yellow and all :-) I even intalled the panniers at my garage, which does not have heating and temperatures fell to 20F that day. I was so exited about installing them that I didn't even feel the cold.
Later, I also got my tent, a 3lb tent from Black Diamond, guess what color?
What's next? Yellow boots. Yeaaaah! and a yellow personal beacon, yellow hand protectors, yellow wet bag, and any other yellow accessory I can find.
Why yellow? At first I thought about visivility and safety, but later it just bacame a fun thing. My friends are calling my bike the Iron Bumble-bee.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]