Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 
Day Two - Windy, windy, windy
I could not believe it! Sustained winds of about 60 MPH or more on I-80, three semi's belly up, and me driving at a 45 degree angle. Now I'm glad I got the bigger bike :-)
Apparently, a cold front hit the area and the temperatures dropped from 90 to 60 F in just a few hours, and with the temperature change came the strong winds. I wanted to stop because it was dangerous. I decided to continue driving instead. If I stopped, the wind would have pushed the bike to the ground in a second, just as it did with the two big semi's and another one that was transporting a mobile home. The winds also carried tons of dust and the usual one or two dead squirrels! :-) I'm not kidding. One dead squirrel came flying from the south and hit my front tire. I split the little thing in two: body to the left, tail to the right :-( The strong winds continued for the next 50 loooooong miles.
The ride was a lot nicer when the wind subsided later in the afternoon. The views became espectacular as I approached Tremonton. Everything is bright green and the roads are some of the best I've ever seen. I'll post pictures of this leg of the trip as soon as I get hold of a private computer...

Comments:
Hola...

Te he intentado llamar 2 veces desde que saliste, pero me envia solo a la maquina contestadora... pero bueno, me contento de que estes bien, sigue adelante, y take a lot of picts.... trata de no matar muchos cyes... (squirrel's)... :-)..
Me ha dado risa lo que dice tu amiga anne, si una ardilla sabe casi igual que un cuy.. jajaja...
Saludos... Cuidate...

CHRISTIAN
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]